11 Hours hiking
- through hiking : starting point(Namseorak) and finish point(Seorakdong information Center),crossing from southern to eastern. Highest peak(Daecheong) and pass 3 shelters(Jungcheong-> Huiungak->Yangpok,sell water, snack, trail mix, energy drinks, etc) , 4Hours up and 6~7 Hours down in cluding 5 minutes break every 30 minutes walking(fast hiker, 3 Hours up, 5 Hours down)
- Temperature change, wind chill feel 4C in the morning, 20C in the afternoon
water 500ml*2bottles(At shelter water sells 2 liter, we can share bottle),
- when we start hiking in the morning, long sleeve + warm layer + jacket + long pants + thin glove,hat
- after 30 minutes ~ 1 hour , it should start to sweat,
to adjust temperature and not to sweat too much, frequently zip open/down
- at the peak, it needs warm layer and jacket,
- prepare warm layer(fleece,jacket) while walking 2~3 layers on top, gloves,hat
- DETAIL TRAIL INFORMATION : Nam-Seorak -> 2Hour(steep up, difficult) -> Seorak falls(not visible, can hear the sound of water, cross bridge) it’s half way to peak -> 2Hour(stairs to top, very hard) -> Daecheong bong(rightside ocean visible) -> 20 min (descending, no more ascending) -> Jungcheong Shelter -> 2Hour(steep down, very scenic ridge) -> Huiungak shelter( after this,rather easy and relaxing descending) -> 1 Hour -> Yangpokshelter(last shelter to down) -> 2 Hour beautiful scenic river and water falls -> Biseondae -> 1 Hour to the huge sitting budda(restaurants,cafe busy area) , Cable car, Bear statue, Seorakdong information center are all there, meeting spot ticketing gate and in front of KB bank ATM machine)
Self-guided hiking,leisurely walk along the river where fall colors are seenable, you can’t get lost, anywhere you walk you will see river and fall colors.
Starting point is Seorakdong Information center (different from 11hours hikers) where most busy area,possible to get information.
Recommend for best fall color,waterfalls,stunning Biseondae to Yangpok Shelter for the 7 Hour hiking
DETAIL TRAIL INFORMATION Main gate(KB ATM , after hiking, we meet there)-> bear statue->cable car,restaurant area->big sitting budda -> bridge->take left(keep walking along the main river from the ticketing gate)->30 min(forest,easy trail) -> Biseondae
At the Biseondae,after bridge, there is a small Biseondae information center, and then keep walking along the river for 2 Hours on well-arranged trail to Yangpok Shelter and turn around. If you have energy , on the way down, there is a fork right in front of Biseondae information center, a steep difficult trail(stairs to cave) for 20 minutes to Geumganggul(cave hermitage).
(also,the trails to Biryong waterfall or Ulsanbawui are as beautiful as Biseondae trail)